Take Hwy I-70 to Warrenton Hwy 47 Exit #193. Go south on Hwy 47 4.4 miles to left on Quarry Rd. and go approximately ¾ mile to farm on both sides of Quarry Rd.
AUCTIONEER’S NOTE This farm has been in the Pottebaum Family for over 90 years since Louis & Bertha settled here. Their son Arnold was born and raised here and never married. This is truly one of the last homesteads in this area. The building are full, so please note, this is a partial list. Again, this is a nice farm to invest in or build on. See you at the sale. David, Dusty & Bill
NOTE: We may sell in 2 rings part of the day, so come prepared.
REAL ESTATE TO BE OFFERED AT 1:00 P.M.
Pottebaum Family Homestead
200 acres m/l in Section 9 – 10 – 15 & 16 TWP 46N R 2W in Warren County Subject to Easements of Record, Exact Legal to Govern.
CLICK HERE FOR AERIAL ON THIS PROPERTY
CLICK HERE FOR AUCTION FLYER
Improvements include old farmstead with a 5 room, frame farm home (approximately 90 yrs. old) with vinyl siding and tin roof, numerous farm and machine and storage sheds.
NOTE: Cistern for water, home is livable but has no bathroom.
This is a beautiful tract of land with approximately ¼ in pasture and hay, with the balance in timber. The farm has 2 springs and small farm ponds and is fenced for livestock.
The farm is split by blacktop Quarry Rd. and corners on blacktop Royal Drive. NOTE: There is access to county water on Royal Drive.
The farm will be sold as follows:
Tract #1: Approximately 35 acres m/l laying on the south side of Quarry Rd. Improvements include the farm home and farm buildings, beautiful homesites, Big Valley look, good spring, nice combination stock farm. No restrictions
Tract #2: Approximately 165 acres m/l laying on the north side of Quarry Rd. and fronting on Royal Drive. Improvements include several farm and machinery sheds, fenced for livestock, good spring and small ponds, combination of hay and pasture with approximately 60% in timber, nice homesites with access to county water. Lays nice with excellent hunting.
NOTE: Very nice combination pasture and recreational farm, has been in the family over 90 years. Great access from I-70 and only minutes from the Warrenton Golf Course. Old homesteads like this are few and far between, excellent investment tract.
Terms: 10% down day of sale with the balance of cash at closing on or before 30 days after the sale with possession at closing. Farm to be surveyed, cost of survey to be split 50/50 between Buyer and Seller. Sale is subject to Probate Approval.
NOTE: Due to the law on lead based paint & lead based paint hazards on any home built prior to 1978, any inspections for lead base paint by a purchaser must be done 10 days prior to the auction. Buyers will be given an EPA pamphlet & will be required to sign a disclosure acknowledging that you were given the information.
OPEN HOUSE ON THE REAL ESTATE IS Monday March 14, 2016 from 4:00 to 6:00 P.M. or by appointment. Bring your 4 wheeler.
TRACTORS – FARM & HAY EQUIPMENT
SELL AFTER REAL ESTATE – APPROX. 2:00 P.M.
- Ford Golden Jubilee tractor, gas, wide front end, 3 pt hitch, shows only 2375 hrs.
- Allis Chalmers WD gas tractor with tri front end
- Allis Chalmers WC gas tractor, AS IS
- Allis Chalmers #302 string tie hay baler, kept shedded, extra clean
- New Holland #256 pull type hay rake
- Kewanee 10’ pull type filed cultivator
- Kewanee 9’ wheel disk
- John Deere #5 sickle mower
- Ford 3 pt, 5’ brush hog
- International Harvester 12 hole wheat drill on steel
- 2 flatbed farm wagons
- 1 box bed farm wagon
- Allis Chalmers coupler hitch bale spear
- Allis Chalmers pull type 2 row rotary hoe
- 3 section harrow
- Gleaner E Allis Chalmers, open station combine with 2 row corn head & platform, kept shedded
FARM TRUCK – SELLS AT 2:00 P.M.
- 1981 Chevy Custom Deluxe 30 farm truck with 10’ bed & hoist, one owner, kept shedded, only 15,496 miles
FIREARMS & AMMO – SELL AT 11:00 A.M.
- Winchester Model 67, 22 single shot rifle
- Winchester Model 190, 22 rifle S-L-LR semi-automatic with scope
- Stevens Model 94-410 single shot with nylon stock
- Stevens 20 ga single shot
- Remington double barrel, hammer type
- H&R Topper #48, 20 ga single barrel
- Revelation Model 200 M, 30-30 Win
- Lot ammo: 22 – 410 – 12 ga – 30-30, etc.
ALL FFL LAWS APPLY. ALL OUT OF STATE FIREARM BUYERS MUST PRESENT A CURRENT FFL LICENSE. NO EXCEPTIONS
- 95, 4×4 big round bales, grass hay, 2015 crop, some stored inside
- 12, 4×4 big round bales, grass hay, 2014 crop
LOT FIREWOOD – STORED INSIDE
CROCKS & STONEWARE
APPROX. 20 TOTAL
- 5 gal. Red Wing water cooler, 2 handle, super piece
- Flo Blue pattern, 5 gal. salt glazed crock
- 4 gal. crock churn
- Lot Western, Ruckels, Blue Band stoneware crocks
FIRESTONE PORCELAIN GAS – OIL & TIRE SIGN 8’X3’6”
FARM SUPPLIES – TOOLS & MISC
- Lot cattle panels
- Chain hoist
- Portable air compressor
- Fence stretcher
- Tradesman 6” bench grinder
- PTO slip clutch
- Pipe wrenches
- Log chains
- Tool box
- Misc wrenches
- Step & extension ladders
- Bolt cutters
- Grease guns
- Log tine
- Used lumber
- Used steel fence post
- Stock tanks
- 40+ hog panels
- Yard gate
- Hog scalder
- Hog crate
- 3 rolls woven wire
- Aluminum scoop shovel
LAWN & GARDEN TOOLS
- MTD high wheel push mower
- Comet 30 riding lawn mower
- Dynamark riding lawn mower AS IS
- 5 hp garden tiller
- Shovels, rakes, yard & garden tools
- Sears 15 cu. ft. chest type deep freeze
- Window air conditioners
- Hard maple bedroom set
- Citation 14.6 cu. ft. refrigerator
- Coronado gas cook stove
- Kitchen table & chairs
- Window fans & floor fans
- Honeywell electric heater
- 4 drawer chest
- Kerosene heater
- 2 door metal cabinet
- Dirt Devil
- 2 hand meat saws
- Pots, pans
- Lot glassware
- Partial List
ANTIQUES – FARM PRIMITIVES – COLLECTIBLES
- Oak knockdown wardrobe
- Oak kitchen cabinet
- Oak sideboard
- Oak washstand
- Oak dresser
- Singer treadle sewing machine
- Oak, 1 door wardrobe
- Kitchen table
- Oak lamp table
- Oak spindle back rocker
- Oak slat back rocker
- Oak spindle back kitchen chairs
- Emerson Victrola, floor model
- Charter Oak, wood heating stove #250
- Quick Meal wood cook stove
- Primitive wood box
- Good, approximately 30 gal. copper apple butter kettle
- Oak library table
- Metal frame bed
- Quilt tops
- Oil lamps
- Flat top trunk
- Super Tone Singing Cowboy guitar
- Tin toy windup ship
- Snap cap gun
- Child’s sad iron & trivet
- H.J. Buescher match tin, Trealoar, MO
- Pink base Aladdin lamp
- Lot pocket watches
- Mig Enterprise sausage stuffer & press
- Lot pocket knives
- Fountain pens
- China spittoon
- Set Homer Laughlin china
- Set Rodgers silverware in chest
- Early American pitcher & glass set
- Carnival glass bowls
- Child’s dish
- Sugar/creamer set
- 1950s table lamps
- Pictures & frames
- Pickle jars
- White porcelain dish pans, bucket, etc.
- Dutch oven
- Metal lawn chairs
- Advertising pens, pencils, paper
- Costume jewelry
- Gold frame eyeglasses
- Smoking pipes
- Champion Spark Plug sign
- Beam scale
- Broad axes & hatchets
- Candle holders for Christmas tree
- MFA Truesdale thermometer
- Grey granite ladle
- Sad irons
- Blue canning jars
- Kraut cutter
- Sugar jar
- Crock bowls
- Shortwave radio
- Galvanized buckets, washtubs, water sprinklers
- Copper wash boiler
- Galvanized double tub set
- Barn lanterns
- Chamber pot
- Way Rite scale
- Washboards; glass & metal
- Wooden rake
- Wooden hide boards
- Wooden windows
- Wooden barrel
- Single trees, double trees
- Gas & oil cans
- Primitive bench
- Corn grinder
- Child’s sled
- Cast iron kettle
- Grist mill
- Hay hooks
- Blacksmith forge
- Cross cut saws
- Draw knife
- Old tools
- Hay knife
- Copper tea kettle
- Allis Chalmers; D-17, D-10-12 Series III, WD-45 & Diesel Engines, AC-B, D-14
- Allis Chalmers 60 All Crop A Series Harvester
- Allis Chalmers #3 power mower
- Allis Chalmers 72 & 82, 2 bottom plow
- Allis Chalmers scraper
- Allis Chalmers cultivators
- Allis Chalmers rotary hoe
- McCormick #449 & 450 corn planter
- John Deere #5 power mower
WOOD SPLITTER & CHAINSAW
- Swisher, 7 hp, 22 ton wood splitter, trailer type
- Husqvarna 445 chainsaw
ARNOLD POTTEBAUM ESTATE
ELEANOR MAE MUELLER PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVE
Lunch will be served.
All buyers will be photographed.
Terms: Cash or Good Check with Current Photo ID.
Out of State Photo IDs and Out of State Checks must be accompanied with a Bank Letter of Credit.
We do not accept Cashier Checks.
Items sold with no warranty.
They stand sold AS IS.
Owner & Auction personnel not responsible for accidents day of sale!
Announcements made day of sale take precedence over any advertisement!