From Troy, MO take Hwy 61 north 17.8 miles to Eolia Exit, take right on Hwy D approx. 15.5 miles to Hwy 79, take left on Hwy 79 approx. 1.4 miles to left on Georgia Street, 1210 Georgia Street is on the left.
AUCTIONEER’S NOTE James was a pilot. His passion with his late wife was their historic home and their collection of antiques. Everything is spotless when you walk into the home you will be impressed. Note: Because of the size of the home, most of the sale will be held indoors with maybe an hour of smalls outside if weather permits. Here will be an opportunity to buy the home of your dreams at Auction. See you at the sale. David, Dusty & Bill
REAL ESTATE SELLS AT 12:00 NOON
[flickr-gallery mode=”photoset” photoset=”72157704566580761″]
CLICK HERE FOR AUCTION FLYER
CLICK HERE FOR VISUAL TOUR OF THIS PROPERTY
CLICK HERE FOR AERIAL OF THIS PROPERTY
Historic Louisiana Georgia Street, 1854 Italianate Victorian home by renowned architect George I. Burnett of St. Louis (The Christmas Bow House)
Lots 77 & 82 excluding East 10’ and all of Lots 78 & 81 of Block 13 Luce and McAllister TR. Being approximately 110’x240’ in Pike County in the City of Louisiana. Exact Legal to Govern.
Improvements include a 4,419sq.ft. Italianate historic 2-story home built in 1854. The 2-story architectural 9-room home features 3 bedrooms, 3 full baths w/23’x17’ living room, 19’x17’ family room, 17’x17’ formal dining room, 17’x11’ kitchen, laundry room & sitting room w/a 1-room stone/rock walkout basement. The home features a beautiful formal entry w/curved staircase, elegant lighting, beautiful wood floors & millwork, arched windows, wood burning fireplace & built in bookcases.
Truly a beautiful home in move in ready condition. The home has hot water radiator heat w/window air units and is on city water & sewer. Other improvements include an unattached garage & shop. Big level lot w/mature trees.
Terms: 10% down day of sale with the balance of cash at closing on or before 30 days after the sale with possession at closing.
NOTE: Due to the law on lead based paint & lead based paint hazards on any home built prior to 1978, any inspections for lead base paint by a purchaser must be done 10 days prior to the auction. Buyers will be given an EPA pamphlet & will be required to sign a disclosure acknowledging that you were given the information.
OPEN HOUSE ON THE REAL ESTATE OR PREVIEW THE ANTIQUES ON Monday February 4, from 4:00 P.M. to 6:00 P.M. or by appointment.
ANTIQUES & COLLECTIBLES
- Massive Pier mirror approximately 9ft., walnut, chocolate marble, carved, super pc.
- Elegant hall tree-type Pier mirror
- Massive oak seat-type high back 9-drawer dresser w/mirror, super pc.
- Regulator schoolhouse-type wall clock, nice
- Set wrought iron beds, complete
- Massive high back parlor sofa
- Wrought iron brass knob bed, complete
- 4’ oak church pew
- Twisted spindle back rocker
- Lyre pattern dining room table, 6 chairs, china hutch & server, very nice set
- Walnut grape pattern settee
- Rose back walnut lady & gentleman’s chairs
- Elegant wall table
- Tiger oak secretary w/leaded glass doors, super pc.
- Oriental floor rugs
- Set 6 rosewood parlor chairs w/needle point seats
- Wrought iron table w/marble top
- Oak Kellogg wall telephone
- Massive oak library-type desk w/twisted legs, super pc.
- Swivel oak office chair
- Oak 2-stack bookcase
- Wicker sofa
- 2 matching oak pattern back armed chairs
- Massive oak framed wall mirror
- Walnut washstand
- 2 George Washington portraits in frames
- 6 bubble glass picture frames, various sizes
- Elegant marble & metal floor lamp
- Bird cage on stand
- Elegant ruby cut to clear stemware: wine & water set
- Elegant pitcher/tumbler set
- Elegant preserves dish, servers, bowls, etc.
- Parakeet print in frame
- Gone With the Wind-type parlor lamp
- Crystal cane
- Lot wall mirrors
- Oak lamp table
- Large lot 1950’s water glass, pitcher & glass sets
- 2, oak armed slat-back chairs
- Kitchen table
- Parakeet lamp
- Floor-type bookcase
- Signed J. Fulks metamorphosis print in frame
- Folding wooden chairs
- Wrought iron bench
- Perfume bottles
- Cent bottles
- Large lot antique books, some sets
- Oak case wall clock
- 2, massive brass parlor lamps
- Wicker sunroom set
- 5, elegant crystal ornate wall mirrors
- Wicker arm chair
- Cedar chest
ANTIQUES & COLLECTIBLES CONT.
- Lot wall pockets
- Lot vases
- Wolper pottery
- Set glass prisms, candelabras
- Lot elegant stemware
- Milk glass fish platter/server set
- Lot milk glass
- 1950’s childs metal lawn chair
- Primitive ear corn dryers
- Signed B.J. Thomas photo
- Flow Blue berry bowl & server
- Wire early plant stand
- Pie birds
- Cake plate on stand
- Lot ruby red glassware
- Set Syracuse china, fish pattern
- Snack sets
- Swag glass sets
- Majolica umbrella stand
- Art glass
- Lot pictures w/frames
- Lot moon stone hobnail
- Wicker plant stand
- Hand painted plates, German
- 6 bird cages
- Military heirloom bear
- Oak magazine rack
- Lot airplane photos in frame
- Leopard print in frame
- Wicker lamp table
- Amber glass table lamp
- Lot dog prints in frames
- Fenton satin glass fluted pitcher
- Oak frame w/dog print, nice
- The Father of the Pack dog print in frame
- Dog bookends
- White wrought iron plant stand
- Partial list
PLEASE NOTE: This is a partial list as the drawers & cabinets are full.
HOUSEHOLD & MISC.
- Whirlpool side-by-side refrigerator/freezer
- Maytag Quiet Plus automatic washer w/matching electric dryer, white, like new
- Samsung flat screen TV
- 3-cushion sofa
- Hall table/coffee table set
- Leather high-back living room chair
- China hutch
- Repo Wing it Diner neon sign
- Living room chairs
- Pots, pans, bake ware
- Lot linens
- Partial list
LOT TOOLS & MISC. WOODWORKING & GARDEN TOOLS
OWNER: JAMES H. OSBORN ESTATE
Lunch will be served.
All buyers will be photographed.
Terms: Cash or Good Check with Current Photo ID.
Out of State Photo IDs and Out of State Checks must be accompanied with a Bank Letter of Credit.
We do not accept Cashier Checks.
Items sold with no warranty.
They stand sold AS IS.
Owner & Auction personnel not responsible for accidents day of sale!
Announcements made day of sale take precedence over any advertisement!